To apply :
2015 - 2016 program - Deadline December 31, 2013
2016 - 2017 program - Deadline December 31, 2014
2017 - 2018 program - Deadline December 31, 2015
- Download and save our Application Form
- Open the application in Adobe Acrobat
- Fill out the form, then PRINT a copy in Adobe PDF format
- PDF Documents can be emailed to:
- Or faxed: 1-902-425-0859
Please submit the following documents in PDF format with your application:
- MD certificate
- Other relevant diplomas
- Three letters of reference
In order to be issued with a license to practice, a requirement of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia is that all internationally trained physicians have a pass in one of the following:
- Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Exam (MCCEE)
- Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Exam (MCCQE) Part I
- United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE)
- National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME)
- Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
This will be a significant factor considered by the fellowship committee when assessing fellowship applications.
The Department of Radiology at Dalhousie University has a long running fellowship program. Fellows are based in the QEII Health Sciences Center in Halifax. Depending on the requirements of individual fellows the fellowship may be registered as a formal postgraduate fellowship with Dalhousie University or may be a hospital based fellowship.
The usual maximum simultaneous complement is four fellowship positions. Fellowships are currently being offered in neuroradiology, interventional radiology and body imaging.
Commitments to resident teaching and clinical work, the latter in particular in the orientation period of July and August, are required. Participation in research activity with protected time is required with the expectation that this will result in publication and presentation.
Complete or partial outside funding is advantageous, particularly if a fellow is supernumerary to the regular complement or requires a fellowship experience of less than one complete academic year. Fellows funded by the department are remunerated at rate equivalent to a PGY6 resident.